This is hardly rocket science (okay that pun was totally unintentional). But my Facebook friends have loved and shared my picture so I thought I’d post a quick blog.
I had the task of making salad for the office bring and share (potluck) Christmas lunch. I was a bit disappointed as I thought it was hard to get creative. However, with a little effort here is a festive salad!
You will need
- Hummus (I made mine but clearly this isn’t essential!)
- Rocket leaves, any green salad leaves would do but I was pleased with the spiky effect. I used spinach too but it wasn’t as effective.
- Cherry tomatoes
- Celery, carrot and cucumber all cut into batons
- Yellow pepper deseeded and cut into stars, I used two sizes of Cookie cutter to do this, they wouldn’t actually slice through the pepper but I used them as a template.
- Oval platter
- Square dish for hummus
- Cut all the pieces ready
- Put the rocket in a rough triangle
- Add the batons around, make the zigzag sides of the tree by pushing the batons in towards the rocket
- Add the green side of cucumber batons to emphasise the edges
- Place the hummus dish
- Add the tomatoes
- Add the pepper stars
As I was leaving the house I suddenly also thought of edible glitter, so it is the in the picture but I doused it incupcake glitter too!